“…if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the NOONDAY.”
PIN THIS for future shopping, y’all!
Adventures in Womanland, in the spirit of increasing our influence for God’s glory and the good of mankind, is proud to partner with Noonday Collection, both in “create[ing] economic opportunity for the vulnerable” and in supporting adoption and orphan care around the world.
“Heather, what in the world have you gotten yourself into NOW?” you ask.
Y’all know me and my adventures. This one is one that thrills me to NO. END. The thrill is endless, people! Though I am not/have never been/will probably never be a fashionista (are yoga pants and a top knot a fashion statement?), working with Noonday Collection combines two things I AM passionate about: assisting the impoverished in carving roads out of poverty in sustainable ways (versus a hand-out) and helping loving families graft orphaned/abandoned children into their families through adoption.
Check this action (grab a tissue…or a kid’s shirt or something). FULL-SCREEN it, man!
I. Can’t. Even.
I mean, if we’re going to buy stuff anyway (and Lord knows we are!), why not purchase with purpose, knowing that the money goes directly to these artisans (in exchange for their WORK), rather than a maniacal Sweat Shop owner somewhere who cut a deal with a Big Box Store?
After passing a rigorous application process, Noonday Collection has become a member of The Fair Trade Federation.
The FTF certifies that Noonday Collection meets all the following standards in working with the artisans:
1. Create Opportunities for Economically and Socially Marginalized Producers
2. Develop Transparent and Accountable Relationships
3. Build Capacity
4. Pay Promptly and Fairly
5. Support Safe and Empowering Working Conditions
6. Ensure the Rights of Children
7. Cultivate Environmental Stewardship
8. Respect Cultural Identity
9. Promote Fair Trade
There’s nothing I don’t love about this.
Besides, these artisans from-around-the-world make some really cool stuff. In Ethiopia, for example, the artisans go out into fields formerly used for battle, collect artillery shells that have been left behind and create a gorgeous necklace, taking something that was meant for evil and using it for the good of supporting their families ON THEIR OWN.
Have you ever? And there’s puh-lenty more where that came from. Check these out.
The bracelets! The earrings! The HAND-WOVEN scarves! I die.
Christmas shopping? Birthday shopping? Anniversary shopping? Treat-Yourself-Because-You-Finished-All-30-Days-Of-The-Shred shopping? Anytime shopping?
Be intentional. Increase your influence. Help others.
In addition to supporting the artisans, 10% of your purchase could be supporting an adoptive family! Too cool.
There are a few ways to shop Noonday Collection:
1. Click here for direct online shopping if you’re not local to my area. If you don’t see ‘Heather Lewis’ in the address bar at the top, just choose me as your Ambassador in the drop-down menu when asked. Noonday Collection ships your product right to your front door, and you never have to change out of your yoga pants. Maybe that’s just me.
2. DFW Area/North Texas/East Texas/South Oklahoma Locals: complete the Contact Form below to schedule a Trunk Show. Super fun for a cause! You invite some people over and make some food (GOOD food, please!), and Noonday (read: me) does the rest. And I promise not to show up in my yoga pants.
3. ADOPTIVE FAMILIES ANYWHERE: complete the Contact Form below to connect with me to learn about how Noonday Collection can help fund your adoption.
4. Friends and/or Family of Adoptive Families: Gift them with the proceeds from a show, from wherever you are. What a beautiful picture of extended community involvement in the adoption process. Contact me below.
5. PIN THIS PAGE for future shopping.
6. If you live in Hawaii and want a personal visit from me for a Trunk Show, just fill out the form below, and I’ll be on the first plane out of here, man. For real.
TOGETHER, WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!
Oh, and I love y’all, man!